The Department of Zoology started its journey in the year 2019 with the introduction of B.Sc. General (6 semesters) Course with Zoology as one of the Elective subject. The department is situated in well-spaced rooms of the new academic block which is surrounded with greenery and scenic view.
The department being newly established is in infant stage and look forward to grow to a fully-fledged department in coming years so as to provide an atmosphere and easy access for all the talented and deserving students of the rural locality of the college in particular and other section of the society in general to study and learn Zoology.
- Year of establishment : 2019
- Head of the Department :Rajat Debnath
- Course Offered : B.Sc. (General) Three Year Degree Course
- Year of Honour Course Introduced : 2019
- Intake Capacity : 10 for Honours 20 ( pass)
- No. of Full Time Teachers : 01
SWOC analysis of the department and Future plans
The department is newly established and started its journey in the Session 2019-2020 with the introduction of B.Sc. (General) 6 semester course with Zoology as one of the elective subject. The SWOC analysis of the department is as follows
- Well furnished classroom and laboratory infrastructure
- Expert, young and energetic faculty and staff support
- Career guidance & motivation for passing students as a part of career counseling cell
- Limited number of course programme
- Geographically remote location prohibiting easy access to other well equipped & resourceful Institutional Consultancy
- Requirement of more scope for effective capacity building for faculty
- Lack of adequate research facility
- An excellent academic atmosphere for teaching & learning practices
- Located in semi-rural area adjacent to Indo-Bangla border and more feasible to provide access to rural and also socially and economically weaker section students.
- Introduction of Interdisciplinary courses
- Establishing research facility
- Less enrollment in general courses after HS+2 or equivalent course
- Less employment generation
- Enrolling for further higher studies, PG courses and training are limited by lower income level of majority