Right to Information (RTI)
Please click here to download RTI form
Right to Information Act:
Right to Information Act 2005 mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions to provide a– RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities, PIOs etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information / disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the government of India as well as the State Governments
Objective of the Right to Information Act:
The basic object of the Right to Information Act is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense. It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed. The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government. In pursuance of Memorandum of General Administration Govt. of Tripura vide no F3(5)-GA(AR)/2005 dated 19th March 2008 and the Tripura Gazette Notification (Extra Ordinary Issue) vide no F3(5)-GA(AR)/2005(L) dated 29th Jan 2008, the Tripura Right to Information Rules 2008 came in to force from 29th January 2008.
Disposal of request for Information by state Public Information Officer/ State Assistant Public Information Officer
Assistance to SPIO: The Public Authority may allow the State Public Information Officer to entrust someone of his Office for assisting him for maintaining registers and other official works in connection with the implementation of the provisions of the Act.
As per guidelines of Tripura Right to Information Rules 2008, the SPIO and ASPIO of Ambedkar College, Fatikroy is hereby appointed as follows
Dr. Subrata Sharma
Ambedkar College, Fatikroy
Mr. L.T. Muana Darlong
Dept. of Economics
Ambedkar College, Fatikroy
Please click here to download RTI form
Rates of Fees: Rates of fees for providing information shall be as follows:
Mode of Payment of fee: Application fee which shall accompany the request for obtaining information under Sub Section (1) of Section 6 of the Act and further fees required to be paid under sub-Sections 1 and 5 of Section 7 of the Act shall be paid by way of either in cash or treasury challan or Indian postal order.
Form of request for Information: A request for information shall ordinarily be made in writing in Form No. 3 If the request is made orally, the State Public Information Officer or the State Assistant Public Information Officer to whom the request is presented shall reduce it into writing in the prescribed form and obtain the signature/ thumb impression of the person-making request for information on it. The State Assistant Public Information Officer shall issue a receipt as appended to the bottom of the application form-making request for information. However, application in Form No-4.
Register of request for Information: On receipt of the request for information shall pay the application fee or furthers fee, or furthers fee, if any of the manner prescribed in Sub rule (2) of Rule 7 against the money receipt to be issued by the State Assistant Public Information Officer or the State Public Information Officer as the case may be in Form No. 4.
Register of request for Information: on receipt of the request for information, it shall be entered into the register maintained for this purpose. In every application a year wise Chronological number shall be put distinguishing its nature in the office of the State Public Information Officer or the State Assistant Public Information Officer as the case may be to whom the request is presented. The following registers Officer as the case may be to whom the request is presented. The following registers shall be maintained for the purposes as shown against their names and on the body of the request for information, the Chronological number shall be noted in the manner as mentioned against the name of the registers as shown below:
a. General register of register of request for information in the nature of copy/ extracts etc-GI/Sr-No/Year.
b. Register of request for information in the nature of inspection of records and taking notes etc- INS/Sr No/Year .
c. Register of request for information in the nature of sample /model etc- SM/Sr No/Year.
d. Register of request for information in the nature of diskette/floppy/printed material- El/Sr. No/Year.
SAPIO to produce the request for information before SPIO: After registration of the request for information, the State Assistant Public Information Officer within 5days of receipt of the request for information for disposal.
Disposal of request for information by SPIO:
1. If the request for information is found to be order, the requisition for information may be sent to the custodian of the information directly if it is not available within the custody of the state public information Officer after making necessary entry in a register to be maintained in Form No. 10 known as the Register of such requesting, the custodian shall at once forward such information in original to the State Public Information Officer.
2. After Receipt of the information from the custodian of such information, the State Public Information Officer shall determine further fees to be paid by the person making request for information and show the details of such determination on the reverse side of the written request for information.
3. When the State Public Information Officer accepts the application for providing information as sought for he has to send an intimation to the person for to be deposited by the person making request for information in Form-11 about the exact amount of further fees to be deposited by the person making request for information along with the calculation as to how the amount has been determined specifying a reasonable time by which such further fee is to be deposited.
4. If in any request for information, interest of any third party relates, such third party shall be noticed in Form No. 12 and be provided the opportunity of making submission before disclosure of the information as sought for as required under section 11 of the Act.
5. When a request for obtaining information is accepted for part supply of information or rejected by the State Public Information Officer, the applicant shall be given intimation to that effect in Form No.13.
6. If the State Public Information Officer or the State Assistant Public Information Officer on any working day remains out of any ground, he may authorize in writing a sub0ordinate Officer to receive any request for information together with application fee as well as further fee from any person.
7. If any person presents any request for information to a State Public Information Officer or the State Assistant Public Information Officer held by another public authority, the former shall transfer the request for information to the concerned public authority by a forwarding letter in Form No. 14 under intimation to the person-making request for information.
Supply of Information in electronic mode : Supply of information or copy of record in computer diskette or floppy shall depend on the availability of information in electronic form and the facility for providing such information in diskette or floppy with the public authority.
Mode of providing sample:
1. In supplying sample of any material by a public authority for any work, the State Public Information Officer shall intimate the applicant the date, time and venue when the applicant can obtain a sample of the material or inspect the information or work. The State Public Information Officer shall also give notice in writing to the authority who has got the work done or from whose custody the sample is to be taken.
2. While supplying a sample all precautionary measures should be taken to prevent tempering with the sample and the sample should be properly packed and sealed in presence of witnesses and may be handed over to the applicant.
3. At the time of inspection of any information or work, at least one official should remain present to supervise the inspection.
4. For the purpose of obtaining a sample or making an inspection, the applicant may bring with him a helper of choice.
Copy of Information to be certified:
Copy of information in the form of document or record may be certified to be copy of the original by the State Public Information Officer under his seal, signature and state.